CHING HIM HO
Him joined Chambers in 2021 after serving his pupillage with Mr Peter Duncan SC, Mr Kenny Lin, Ms Catherine Wong, Mr Tony Ko, and Mr Benson Tsoi. Him is a Charles Ching Scholar of 2021.
Prior to reading law at the University of Hong Kong, Him read business and Japanese language at the Chinese University of Hong Kong during which he studied abroad as an exchange student at the University of Cambridge, Waseda University in Tokyo and Fudan University in Shanghai. Him is fluent in Cantonese, English, Mandarin, and Japanese.
Him has received various scholarships and awards for his academic excellence and active participation in competitions. He represented the University of Hong Kong in the Foreign Direct Investment Mooting Competition 2018 held in Seoul and the Intercollegiate Negotiation Mooting Competitions 2017 and 2018 held in Tokyo, in which he drafted submissions and conducted arbitration proceedings solely in Japanese language. His teams captured the best memorandum prize and the world’s overall 6th place in the International Maritime Law Arbitration Moot 2020, the 1st runner-up in the HKU AMS Joint University Mooting Competition 2018, the world champion in the KPMG International Case Competition 2017, the national champion in the XMU KPMG National Business Case Competition 2017, the Hong Kong champion and the best presentation award in the HKFPS KPMG Business Administration Paper 2016 and the world’s 2nd place in the World Asian Case Competition 2016.
Him is developing a broad civil and criminal practice and accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work.
- Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship (2021)
- St. John's College, HKU Academic Forum Essay Award (2018-2019)
- College Departmental Prize (2017)
- Qin Jia Yuan Foundation Exchange Scholarship (2016)
- Anthony KK Balanced Education Scholarship (2016)
- Japan Student Services Organisation Scholarship (2016)
- CUHK 6th Study Abroad Writing Contest (2016)
- Professor H Sutu Prize (2015)
- CUHK 7th General Education Best Essay Award (2015)
- HKSAR Talent Development Scholarship (2015)
- Kunkle and Pommerenke Scholarship (2014-2017)
- Chung Chi Class Scholarship (2013-2017)
- Dean’s List (2013-2015)
- CLP Centenary Scholarship (2013-2014)