Jane T.C. Ho
Since joining the Bar in 2005, Jane has practiced in both criminal and civil litigation. She also acts as prosecutor on fiat for the Department of Justice in criminal proceedings and provides legal representation or legal advisory service in disciplinary and other statutory appeal board/tribunal hearings. She has acted as
- Counsel for the Insider Dealing Tribunal;
- Legal Representative of the Secretary for the Civil Service in hearing before the Pensions Appeal Panel;
- Legal Representative to the Prosecuting Officer in disciplinary hearing of the Hong Kong Police Force;
- Legal Representative to the Prosecuting Officer in disciplinary hearing of the Correctional Services Department;
- Legal Adviser to the Adjudicating Officer in disciplinary hearing of the Correctional Services Department;
- Legal Adviser to the Disciplinary Board under the Lifts and Escalators Ordinance.
For various periods since 2018, Jane has been appointed and sitting as Deputy Magistrate or Deputy Adjudicator of the Small Claims Tribunal for the Judiciary.
In addition, Jane is a CEDR accredited mediator and has acted as a mediator in civil disputes.
Jane has been a Council Member of the Duty Lawyer Service Council since 2008.
“Legal Reform and the Internet” – presented in May 2000 in a residential workshop in Macau organised by the British Council for lawyers in the UK, Hong Kong and Mainland China.
“An Agency Theory of Regulation on Public Utilities” – presented in February 1998 at the University of Ghent, Belgium, for the Year Conference of the European Community Erasmus Programme of Law and Economics of the European Community